Here are some simple guidelines. Any type of clothing that is deemed disruptive to the educational process or that constitutes a threat to health and safety is prohibited. We ask that parents monitor what their student wears to school and help them choose wisely. If clothing is in question, your son or daughter may be calling you to bring them something more appropriate. General examples of unacceptable dress are as follows:
- Northwood’s expectation is that student dress should be school appropriate and semi-professional.
- When student dress does not meet the dress code, he or she will be expected to change clothes.
- Inappropriate “messages” on clothing: This includes references to drugs, alcohol or tobacco, vulgar or offensive words and messages that are purposely suggestive are not allowed.
- Dresses and shorts should extend to at least mid-thigh.
- Shirts should extend to the belt-line and have sleeves. Undergarments should not be visible.
- Footwear is required at all times.
- Hats and hoods are not allowed.