Develop Student-Athletes, Honor Teamwork, Compete Well
NEWS & UPDATES:
6/7/8 Wrestling and 7/8 Volleyball are starting next week!
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES:
- Oct. 26 - 7/8 Volleyball Begins
- Oct. 27 - 6/7/8 Wrestling Begins
- Online Registration for ALL Sports
- Registration Help Sheet
- Pay Fees Here
- When paying fees, be sure to choose the "Items at Student's School" option and then choose "Northwood Middle School."
- ASB $15, Participation $35, Spirit Packs $25 (football, softball, baseball)
- Activity Bus Registration: Click here to sign up for the Activity Bus if you need a ride after sports or other extracurricular activities. The activity bus leaves from Northwood at 5:05pm each evening. Coaches will help make sure students make it on the correct bus route. Activity bus routing information can be found HERE.
Northwood Athletic Director
District Athletic Philosophy
The philosophy of the Mead School District is founded and based upon the principles identified in the district’s foundational student learning goals. Included in this mission is the belief that human wellness and aesthetic experiences are integral parts of the educational experience. To serve that mission, the primary function of the interscholastic and intramural programs is to provide participatory opportunities for as many students as possible. These programs seek to enhance the psychological, emotional, social, and physical development of each student.
The Mead School District believes that participation in athletic programs can enhance the development of the values of cooperation, honesty, sportsmanship, responsibility, respect, perseverance, and commitment. Students will be encouraged to develop their athletic skills and compete to the best of their abilities. The Mead School District is obligated to provide a supportive environment in which students can pursue athletic experiences that maximize their potential. While individual achievements are valued and encouraged, team achievements are of primary importance. Athletics, in addition, can make significant contributions to the educational experience of all Mead students, faculty, staff, and district patrons through the cultivation and enhancement of community.
*Coaches will attempt to answer all emails in a timely manner.*
*Need immediate assistance? Please call the school during business hours at 465-7500*