General Practice and Schedule Info
- Practices for all sports usually run from 2:45-4:50 on Monday-Thursday.
- All 7th & 8th grade sports will have practice on the first 2 Fridays of their season unless otherwise indicated.
- All 6th grade sports will practice/play on Monday-Thursday.
- Changes in practice schedules will be communicated by the coaches to the athletes.
- Students will need the following on the first day of practice: shorts, t-shirt, sweatshirt (optional depending on weather & sport), good shoes, water bottle w/name or identifying marks (sticker, etc.).
GAME TIMES: (Updated schedules can be found on our Athletics Calendar)
- When Mead schools (Highland, Mountainside, & Northwood) play against each other, most HOME & AWAY games will start at 3:30.
- When we play other schools, game start times will vary from 3:45-4:15.
- In some cases, games will be "stacked" or scheduled back-to-back, which means the 2nd game will start 10-15 minutes after the end of the 1st.
- Schedules are subject to change.
- Athletes will be able to access a locker room to change before and after practice.
ACTIVITY BUS/RIDES AFTER EVENTS:
- Athletes must be registered for a late activity bus - Register Here!
- Activity buses are available after practice at 5:00 or you can pick up your athlete in the front parking lots after practice.
- Please DO NOT pick up your athlete in the bus loop behind the school.
- If an athlete needs to ride the activity bus home on a game night, they will need to let their coaches know ahead of time. Coaches will release them early enough from the game to catch the bus. This will work for HOME games only.
- Buses from AWAY games will not be back to Northwood on time to make the activity bus.
- Coaches will send home a game schedule and will communicate with athletes regarding any changes to the schedule.
- An athlete can ONLY be picked up from an AWAY event by a parent/guardian unless an Alternate Travel Request has been completed at least 1 day prior to the event.
- This form will not be accepted the day of the event.
- Grandparents, siblings, or other family members can pick up an athlete after a practice or home game at Northwood OR after the bus returns from an away game.
- Coaches will communicate pick-up times for away games with the athlete.